The number of nominations and quality of the work submitted for this year’s HITMC Awards, sponsored by Medigy, was simply incredible. The response exceeded all expectations.
In each category, the Awards Committee had to carefully sift through multiple nominations. It was not an easy task for them to choose the Awards finalists, but after careful consideration they came up with the following short list.
Thank you to everyone who submitted a nomination.
Here are the Finalists for the 2019 Medigy HITMC Awards (finalists shown in alphabetic order)
Individual – Patient Advocate of the Year
- Barby Ingle. She creates original content, shares her story effectively, studies & shares about helpful health tools to better care for chronic patients. She is original, creative, vol patient advocate, makes a difference, creates awareness, great at branding, a go-getter & cheerleader of HOPE
- Geri Lynn Baumblatt. Geri is a champion for family caregivers – the unsung heroes of healthcare who often shoulder the physical, financial, and emotional burden of care without any support. Geri is working hard to bring attention to the plight of caregivers so that programs can be created to help them as they take time away from work and give up their lives to care for a loved one.
- Grace Cordovano. Grace works tirelessly to keep the patient advocate voice strong in Health IT and healthcare conferences. She is frequently seen on panels, on Tweet chats and education events to maintain the voice of patients and fight for their rights to their data, to a better experience, to compassion and empathy within the health care journey. Grace always pushes people to always consider the patient perspective. She is a realist, genuine, inspiring, and creative.
Individual – Podcast of the Year
- Creating a New Healthcare (hosted by Zeev Neuwirth, MD)
- Healthcare de Jure (hosted by Matt Fisher)
- Healthcare Rap (hosted by Jared Johnson)
- The HCBiz Show (hosted by Don Lee)
- UAB Medcast (produced by DoctorPodcasting by RadioMD)
Healthcare Provider – Best Marketing/PR Program
- Cancer Treatment Centers of America for showcasing their technology, clinicians and offerings in a self-directed app.
- Renown Health for their thought leadership content marketing program featuring their CEO Dr Tony Slonim and nursing leaders.
- SickKids Foundation for their “VS” campaign challenging the community to help get involved in building a brand new hospital.
Healthcare Provider – Best Social Media Use/Campaign
- Golden Valley Memorial Hospital
- Houston Methodist Sugar Land Hospital
- Mayo Clinic
- Ochsner Health System
Healthcare Provider – Best Website Redesign
Healthcare Provider – Marketing/PR/Communication Team of the Year
Health IT Company – Ad of the Year (Print or Digital)
- Medhost for their explainer video
- Mirion Technologies for their NASA-themed ad
- MRO for their Two Private Eyes AHIMA ad
Health IT Company – Best Giveaway (Tchotchke)
- FormFast for their Branded Socks. With socks being a big “HIT” in the close-knit health IT community (big nod to the amazing Pink Socks movement) – FormFast thought socks would be a great branding tool that attendees would appreciate.
- Scorpion for their Swell Water Bottles. Lots of companies gave away bottles this year, but Scorpion’s stood out for the quality of the bottle and the clean branding. They were the hit of the show.
- The Sequoia Project for their Sequoia Seeds giveaway. A packet of sequoia seeds with a disk of soil and planting instructions. Sequoia trees grow tall by interlocking the roots; they work together to succeed.
- Stericycle Communication Solutions for their Patients Matter t-shirts. At HIMSS19, Stericycle gave away great T-shirts in their booth. The shirts weren’t just an-in-your-face logo. They included awesome, meaningful phrases like, “Patients Matter.”
- SymphonyRM for their MetricMovers mini-figures. #MetricMovers: Custom Marketing Leader Minifigures designed to intrigue individuals and spark creativity while discussing health system goals.
Health IT Company – Best Marketing/PR Program
- The Health Collaborative for their AI-powered newsletter
- IllumiCare for their 12-month PR blitz that included many media placements
- InstaMed for their 60 featured media placements in 2018
- MEDITECH for their successful multi-faceted 50th anniversary campaign
Health IT Company – Best Social Media Use/Campaign
- AdvancedMD for their #HIMSS19 campaign
- Fortinet for their for #HIMSS19 campaign
- The Sequoia Project for their #WhereIsSequoia campaign
Health IT Company – Best Tradeshow Theme
- FormFast for their real-life vignettes in their booth
- Geonetric for their “Reboot” tradeshow promotion
- Voalte for their “Power Up” booth theme
Health IT Company – Marketing/PR/Communications Team of the Year
Health IT Company – Marketing/PR Person of the Year
- Concetta Rasiarmos from Allscripts
- Richard Fletcher from DellEMC
- Sarah Bennight from Stericycle Communication Solutions
Agency – Marketing/PR Person of the Year
- Beth Cooper from KNB Communications
- Dave Anderson from Anderson Interactive
- Stacy Goebel from Studio North
Agency of the Year