In pre-COVID times, we would organize HITMC impromptu social meetups at conferences so that we could see each other. Sadly, we were not able to do that for most of 2020, so this year we are planning a number of virtual social events for the HITMC Community.
Up first on Thursday February 11th at 8-9pm EST (for your local time click here) is HITMC Game Night!
We’re going to be playing Quiplash3 from Jackbox Games. Don’t worry if you haven’t played this game before, it’s very easy to learn and it’s a load of laughs. Even better – the audience gets involved in the game too!
Here’s how it works:
- Everyone logs into the game via the browser on their phone or tablet
- There are 8 players and an unlimited audience
- The 8 players are given prompts/questions on their devices that they are supposed to answer as humorously as possible. Each player has 60s to answer two prompts.
- When all the players have entered their humorous answers, the round starts.
- A prompt is shown on the main game screen and the answers entered are shown (only 2 players are given the same prompt, so it is always a head-to-head battle).
- The audience and other players then vote on which answer they like better.
- Players score points based on the number of votes they get.
- There are 3 rounds in the game.
With all the creative people in the HITMC Community, this game is bound to have us rolling on the floor laughing. I also suspect that there will be a little bit of smack talk as the points are tallied.
To participate, you don’t need to download anything. Just register for the zoom call (below) and we’ll walk through the instructions at the start. All you need to do is bring your wits, your laughs and your beverage of choice.
Rumor has it there will be prizes handed out 😊
See you on Thursday February 11th at 8:00pm EST. Click here to register for HITMC Game Night.
More virtual social events will be planned in the future.