One of the greatest honors we have here at HITMC HQ is announcing the winners of the annual Awards. On June 30th, the Healthcare and IT Marketing Community (HITMC) gathered online for the 2020 Medigy HITMC Awards Event. With COVID-19 still raging across the globe, the Awards had to be moved to a virtual event for the first time. Normally the Awards are given out at the annual HITMC Conference.
With 27 award categories, the 2020 Awards were the largest and most expansive ever. The quality of the nominations was off the charts and caused a lot of heartache for the Award Selection Committee who had the difficult challenge of choosing just 3 Honorees per category. A separate panel of judges then reviewed the Honorees and their votes determined the winner.
A special shout-out to the team at Medigy, the HITMC Award sponsors for the fifth year in a row. If you’re in healthcare marketing, you definitely should check out their platform. They help marketing teams move buyers through the middle of the sales funnel. Medigy.com is a product evaluation destination and health IT aggregation site.
Congratulations to the 2020 Medigy HITMC Award Winners.
- Patient Advocate of the Year – Barby Ingle
- Health IT Advocate of the Year – Jane Sarasohn-Kahn
- Blog of the Year – The Healthcare Marketer (Dan Dunlop)
- Podcast of the Year – To Care is Human (The Beryl Institute)
- Marketing Person of the Year – Suzanne Hendery, Renown Health
- Marketing/PR Campaign of the Year – Signature Healthcare
- Social Media Campaign of the Year – Ochsner
- Blog of the Year – Shine Online, Methodist Health System
- Podcast of the Year – MomDocs, St. Louis Children’s
- Video of the Year – Salinas Valley Memorial Healthcare System
- Website of the Year – Northwell Health
Health IT Awards
- Marketing Person of the Year – Larry Kaiser, Optimum Healthcare IT
- Healthcare Rising Star – Dalton Patterson, TrustHCS
- Marketing Team of the Year – WebPT
- Marketing/PR Campaign of the Year – Lenovo
- Social Media Campaign of the Year – AdvancedMD
- Tradeshow Campaign of the Year – Lenovo
- Blog of the Year – Solutionreach
- Podcast of the Year – The Redox Podcast, Redox
- Video of the Year – MEDHOST
- Website of the Year – TigerConnect
- Marketing Person of the Year – Beth Cooper, KNB Communications
- Rising Star – Laura Bastardi, Matter Communications
- Blog of the Year – KNB Communications
- Website of the Year – Clarity Quest
- Agency of the Year (Provider Focus) – FINN Partners
- Agency of the Year (Health IT Focus) – Anderson Interactive
For a full list of Honorees, please see the HITMC Awards page. You can also watch the Awards Event here.
Over the past several weeks, we have been highlighting various Honorees: the Patient Advocates, the podcasters, the Marketers of the year, the social media experts, the Rising Stars, and the top agencies. I think you will find their comments and ideas interesting.
You may also be interested in several of the Award Winners.
Lenovo (winner of Tradeshow Campaign of the Year), for example, had a well thought-out HIMSS20 plan that included: a booth that balanced traffic flow with space for sales/partner meetings and stylish branded socks that were apparently, super comfortable.
Northwell Health (winner of Webiste of the Year – Provider), has a gem of a website that is dedicated to providing accurate, evidence-based health information. Called “The Well”, it is full of useful articles that answers many of the questions individuals have about health (and healthcare) but are afraid to ask. Here is just a sampling: Are All Face Masks Created Equal? and Is There A Best Time of Day to Work Out?
One Award Winner that has been garnering a lot of attention and smiles is Salinas Valley Memorial Healthcare System for their “Triple Bypass Surgery” video. You can’t help but smile when you hear the story of 98 year old David G Perez who was looking forward to the surgery so that he could get back to doing what he loved – dancing with friends and family. This short, simple video demonstrated that you don’t need a TV-production budget to produce something memorable.
Finally, we would be remiss if we didn’t put the spotlight on the winner of the Health IT Advocate of the Year – Jane Sarasohn-Kahn (aka @HealthyThinker). I genuinely feel lucky to have the opportunity to get to know Jane. Not only is she the most kind-hearted person you’ll ever meet, but she is incredibly knowledgeable about healthcare and has the uncanny ability to make connections between people, ideas and events that seem random to the rest of us.
I love reading Jane’s articles at HealthPopuli and the numerous other publications where she contributes. I’m looking forward to reading her new book “Health Consuming: From Health Consumer to Health Citizen”.
Through her writing, speaking and social media activity, Jane has pushed the industry to think critically about how we move forward in a way that is friendlier, more financially sustainable and ultimately safer for patients.
In the weeks ahead, we will be sitting down with the 2020 Medigy HITMC Award Winners to learn more about their work and what drives them.