In January 1996, Bill Gates wrote an essay titled “Content is King”, which was published on the Microsoft website. He said “Content is where I expect much of the real money will be made on the Internet, just as it was in broadcasting.”
Over the years, we have seen many companies jump on that content marketing bandwagon. In fact, in 2016 more than 90% businesses shifted their marketing efforts to a more content driven strategy. And as of today, over 93% of B2B marketers use content marketing over other traditional methods.
Without a doubt, content marketing, done correctly, can produce dramatic results for your business. But, it takes time and focus for it to become effective.
So as we enter into a new decade, almost 25 years from when Bill Gates published his essay we’d like to know is content still king? Is it still relevant? What is most effective? Join us for our next HITMC Twitter chat – Tuesday March 17th at noon ET (for your local time click here), as we discuss the nitty gritty of Marketing royalty – Is Content Still King?
- T1 Is content marketing still relevant to your organization? What are the benefits?
- T2 What are some of the ways your organization keeps your marketing content fresh in 2020?
- T3 Do you believe that your content marketing strategy is effective? If so, how do you measure its effectiveness?
- T4 What are some of the ways to create valuable content that addresses target audiences throughout the customer journey?
- T5 How do you convince your executive team that content marketing is still valuable & works?
- BONUS If an organization is new to content marketing — where should they start?